We all know Cargo Collective sites are unique and distinct, but if you want to integrate a blog section in your cargo site, We can easily add a blog to Cargo Site using BlogHandy. It offers an easy solution to integrate and customize a blog for both Cargo 3 and Cargo 2.
BlogHandy helps you to manage and write SEO-friendly blogs for your website which helps to generate organic traffic for your website giving your site more visibility.
In this blog post, I’ll show you how to easily add BlogHandy to your Cargo 3 and Cargo 2 sites.
Step 1 – Creating an account in Bloghandy
Step 2 – Creating the first blog post
After logging into BlogHandy, it will prompt you to copy a code. However, we recommend saving this step for the end, after completing all other settings related to your blog.
- Click on “Add the first post” to open the page for creating your blog post.
- Fill in various details related to your blog post:
- Enter the title and description of the blog.
- Optionally, add images related to your blog within the description field.
- On the right side of the page, find various options:
- Blog status is set to “Draft” by default; change it to “Publish” if you want to make the post public.
- If you have multiple authors, you can change the author’s name.
- Upload and select a featured image for your blog post.
- Choose the category for the particular post.
- And more such options.
Step 3 – Making blog SEO friendly
You can easily do the SEO optimization of your blog to reach more audience. BlogHandy comes with its powerful SEO optimization feature to make your blog more SEO-friendly.
Step 4 – Adding Categories and Author
In the header menu, you will find the Categories option you can create different categories for your blog and add posts related to their respective categories.
You will find the Author option in the header menu as well from there you can add more authors.
Keep in mind that the free plan allows only one author. To include more than one author, you’ll need to upgrade your account.
Step 5 – Adding Cargo Website URL to BlogHandy
To ensure smooth integration of your blogs with Cargo, follow these steps:
- Go to the General Settings Section.
- Add your blog page by appending #cargo to the URL. For example, if your blog page URL is https://mywebsite.com/blog, modify it to https://mywebsite.com/blog#cargo.
- Copy and paste the modified URL (with #cargo) into the designated Blog URL section.
Step 6 -Customizing Blog Layout
Customizing your blog layout is easy. Just navigate to the Layout/Design Section and explore the various options available. Choose the layout that suits your preferences from the provided selections.
Step 7 -Upgrading the account
BlogHandy offers a default free-tier plan. To explore more features and options, you can check their monthly and annual subscription plans in the pricing section. However, it’s worth noting that you can also continue using their free plan indefinitely; it’s free forever.
To upgrade your account, simply click on the top-left icon, and a dropdown menu will appear. Look for the “Upgrade” option in the menu and proceed with the upgrade process.
Step 8 – Integrating Blog with Cargo 3
Now comes the final part of the integration of your blog with Cargo 3.
First, we will copy and paste the Script into the Global Code editor for Cargo 3 which is mentioned in Step 1.
Second, copy the code mentioned in the second step and paste it into the CSS editor of the particular blog page.
We have successfully integrated the blog for Cargo 3.
Step 9 – Integrating Blog with Cargo 2
Go to your Cargo 2 Editor open the blog page and Click on “CODE VIEW” paste both the code mentioned in Step 1 and Step 2 in the BlogHandy website into the Code editor.
And now you have successfully integrated the blog for Cargo 2 as well.
I hope you have enjoyed reading the blog🚀